Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cowl

I missed yesterday too, for my makeup drawing from posting too late. I don't know what it is about this particular season, but I'm a bit scattered and unfocused on the holidays. Maybe it's the non-stop barrage of current events (Sandy, the Sandy Hook shooting, the Mayan not-so-apocalypse, even the recent elections) that sucked the influence from the focus on the holidays. Or the recession. Or all of the above. Anyhow, I was readin a blog tpost this morning about how an artist was irked by another blogger's article on why one art style was better than another. He mentioned early in the post that art was an escape for him, and an image of a Mucha-esque figure popped into my head. I remember loving Mucha as a child, and drawing intricate illustrations inspired by the art nouveau great. This one should count as a make-up drawing for yesterday.

No comments: