Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sketchbook Trial Sample 2012

I was looking into new applications like Manga Studio 5, and I remembered someone in my fashion illustration group was quite keen on Sketchbook Pro. I had tried it before but wasn't too enthused about its watercolor brushes (and I had since developed my own versions within Photoshop) but I did like how Sketchbook Pro handled, so I thought Id try the trial again. I'm so unfamiliar with it that I just experimented with every brush preset there was. This looks like the kind of stuff some of the more contemporary illustrators do, stuff I don't necessarily emulate, but still, interesting experiment.

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Even with the splotches that are very "now", there's something almost old-fashioned about this that I adore.

MoctezumaC said...

I love the composition of this illustration. I have not tried sketchbook pro yet but I think I will have to now. Have you tried the Kopic app or Corel Painter Essentials?

George G said...

Thanks Moctezuma. I don't think you've read through any of my previous 2000+ posts lol, but yeah, I use Painter Essentials a lot, and I used to more than Photoshop. Don't use Kopic Markers much in real life so I never looked for them on my programs.