Saturday, May 28, 2022

Give Her The Boot


There's a part of me that will always feel like I never got the chance to be acknowledged for my costume design work, so when i see stuff like the Hellfire Gala designs making the rounds, I get annoyed because so much of the costume design work is just underwhelming. I mean, they were basically just costumes with more doodads and details glommed on, and often not very well, IMHO. If they were doing a gala, you'd think they'd wear stuff that celebratory, and perhaps impractical (like Emma has done, and tose kind of worked) because their main point is to look great and be festively creative. So I'd been designing some looks for Magik, as previously seen, but also for Storm and Cylcops, at my friend Justin's suggestion. This is one of my throwaway designs which I warming up to, using only Storm's old boot as the design motif inspiration for the whole gown. It's so silly to think about that as the inspiration, but we've been having a cutout fashion moment in the past few years anyhow, so all that old Dave Cockrum/Legion stuff looks fresh again.

No comments: