Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Gym Guy Back Profile


The good thing about the gym is I get to see a lot of men and study their anatomy again. It's part being creepy, part artistic, although I AM really studying how their muscles move (I doubt they'd see it that way if they caught me looking). This one was a guy whose chin seemed to jut out as far as his forehead did from the back profile, something I assumed wasn't the case. So I tried drawing it. (see the pink linework). But then after Raf Simons announced his retirement of his eponymous line, Vogue posted an image with a similar view, so I decided to draw that both from memory and then from the pic, to solidify my understanding of it. Hopefully having practiced it will make it more fluid the next time I draw it, since it's such a good view.

No comments: