Saturday, February 9, 2008

Having A Blass

Kinda had to revamp (pun intended) the makeup drawing from yesterday after show images online showed I got the makeup a bit wrong. It reminded me of when I used to design mannequins for a living, and we'd get a huge order of 'girls' all with the same makeup style, and the makeup would look so different from face to face. I found my version yesterday looked like the rendition on one of the Asian girls (go figure) so I adjusted it and added a bit more detail today... I made this face so heavy around the jaw that her facial structure reminds me a bit of Catherine McNeil.... or, uhm... Monica Schnarre...!


5 comments:

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

Hahaha! When you said "tiangge" it reminds me of noisy crowds and "ale's" and "mama's". It's so weird to pluralize Tagalog words ending in vowels.

Hot girl! What do you think of Peter Som's vision of Bill Blass?

George G said...

I loved it, I have to say, but I'm biased. I know where he was coming from because stylistically, that's what I think Blass should look like. But the critics seem to want it designed their way. The house has lost its image, which was never that strong to begin with, and I thought Peter brought a level of glamour to it that has been lacking since Blass passed away. Some may think it's a little safe, but you also can't go all out and depart from 'classic' too much because then people will say, it's not Blass, whatever that means. I thought it was a perfectly elegant way of looking at the house. I think the retailers have been loving it, and the public message boards are loving it, but the critics have been mixed at best.

What do you think?

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

Sorry! I just got around to moderating your post today. My email is flooded with all kinds of messages! I need to clean it up. Anyway, I think it really recalls the refinement of the early Blass days. Peter Som is the right guy for this job, the same way I see Matthew Williamson as keeping to the original aesthetic of Pucci. I mirror your thoughts and I really think that no matter what, Peter Som really does make beautiful clothes.

George G said...

What a great comment! I'll be sure to tell Peter that when I see him. :)

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

By all means, please do!