Monday, January 18, 2010

Lightening Up

Seems like I was in a daze all day, then spent the entire evening in absolute tears... catharsis and all, you know. Plus a nosy therapist digging things up that didn't need digging just now. But with that mood came tear-inducing So You Think You Can dance sequences found on YouTube, and subsequently the playing of the dance soundtrack, which inspired this drawing. Kind of a weird, circuitous way to draw something that I like, because it feels.... right. I love how all the lines just seem so determined, but also fluid like I didn't exert any effort. It's the kind of linework I admire in the work of Antonio Lopez. I don't know if it's inspired, but I like it. It's an older style of mine, just done right, right now, in my older eyes. It's not often that happens for me so spontaneously. Hence the two drawings today.

This one's for Justin K. Just because.

1 comment:

Joanie said...

glad there's been some breakthrough. sorry to hear your nose is likely red and raw from the tears though.

Great drawing! definitely shows the change in mood.