Friday, February 12, 2010

You've Touched me and I've Grown...

That was the cheesy card I bought from that vendor years ago when I was back in college. I was ready to dismiss him/her (I can't recall) because the cards were so heinous, until I got an idea how to warp it to my liking. So the cover was the basic finch with the message written in some cheesy swash font (it was blind embossed in the original) with little cut-out leaves and flowers and blank interiors. I bought the card and then drew on the interior lining and on the opened card, which are the next two drawings.


6 comments:

Joanie said...

I rather like your take on the bird, as lovely as it is. I dunno. I'm warped and the WHAM! just makes me laugh.

George G said...

Well good! That's the whole point! Heh.

Unknown said...

yes, its all coming back to me now... hahahha!

George G said...

I think the vendor might have been a woman. I always have a soft spot for female peddlers.

Unknown said...

yes, she was! and now she is part of our FA history and your legacy of silly drawings. :-)

Astrea said...

There's no "like" button here like on Facebook, but I definitely "like" this one! :)