Monday, March 21, 2011

Bobby 2011.4 DONE!


I. JUST. CAN'T. STOP!!

I keep tinkering and tinkering with the Bobby sketch, and it keeps evolving on me, and as it does, the other parts that were fine a day ago need to be redone...! It's becoming more of a portrait now than it is a sketch, which is fine I suppose... you'll notice the colors are a little more subdued and layered, and I adjusted the tilt of the head as well as defined many of the details, like the lips, hair and eyes... pretty much everything.

I'm reasonably sure this is done, but I'm gonna walk away from it for now and come back to it later. I'll either love it or want to retool it, but one way or another I'll have some sort of decision about it!

edit: I fixed a few details that I spied last night, i,e, the corner of the lip as well as a bit of refinement to the nose, and I have decided that this portrait is done! As someone recenty told me, "Done is better than perfect." Hello. Glad to move on!