Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Good Run


One of the things I find most difficult to draw is a good walking or running pose. Sure, there are the common, standard ones all over comics, particularly of the active running stances, but to make it look natural and fluid while maintaining the musculature often associated with comicbook heroes can be daunting. That's why when I ran across this image from the porfolio of model Beto Malfacini, with his easy gait and amazing core definition in mid-stride, I had to use it as a reference. Beyond the fact that the man is just damn beautiful and insanely hot in a classical way (more old-school male model and, well, like some ancient Greek statue), the pose and this photo from his portfolio is amazing.

The drawing took all of a few minutes to get the gesture, which means I must have been particularly inspired. I'll see if I develop this further, as I do love the fluidity of the simple line work, which often can become too tight when details are formed around it...

No comments: