Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Illyana


I was reading an article by Joss Whedon on the new site for teen girls, Rookie. The writing in this blog is awesome, and it boggles the mind how accomplished its founder, Tavi, is at her 15 years (although considering she was the youngest blogger ever to be invited to haute couture shows in Paris, many great things are expected of her). My life seems to have revolved around pop culture aimed at teens a lot of the time, between my origins in comics to my obsession with Buffy, so it made me think of one of my favorite teen characters from when I was a teen, Illyana Rasputin. This started out inspired by a photo of Tavi herself, but it soon morphed into Illyana just by being blonde (and the fact that the drawing was destined to be a quick one). Anyhow, this was based on my memories of Illyana when she was drawn as a teenager by the late, great Dave Cockrum.

No comments: