Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Distracted


Some worrisome developments have been bugging me since Saturday, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around them...

So I went back to my Red drawing because there was something about the right arm (well, his right arm) that didn't sit well with me, so I went in and defined it a little further - not too much but just enough. Little things make a big difference when you're close to finalziing an idea, and part of that meant adding more detail to the top because I felt I really needed to crop off below the waistline. The whole point for me is to emphasize his red hair, both on his head and on his pubes, yet diffusing it into the whole graphic. I much prefer the focus off this crop as the silhouette of the figure becomes more important- as does his crotch hair - because all the drawing of his hands and underwear were, well, distracting (and detracting).

No comments: