Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rainer 13

Ack! I was distracted all evening even if I worked on two different drawings today, and didn't get to post in time for the 5th of May. Gah!

Anyhow, more of Rainer. There often comes a point in my portraiture, shortly after I have found a stride and feel the piece looks like the subject, that I decide I got everything wrong. Or at least, a great deal of it. This is the point where I usually despair that I won't make a good piece. But I just need to slog through and keep finding the mistakes. I'm not one of those people who can get a perfect likeness. I can draw really quickly and make it look like the subject in less than 20 minutes, but give me a lot of time to work on it, and the details will BOG. ME. DOWN. And thats hwere I was (and still am) with this piece, because the more details I draw, the more I realize that the relationships between details need to be honed... workworkwork...

No comments: