Sunday, March 29, 2015

Baller


If I recall correctly, the term "baller" came from professional athletes earning so much money and looking as rich as they were. I recall the term being applied back around 2007-2008, for when guys on message boards would sport (pun intended) the latest clothes by Rick Owens and other similarly expensive 'goth ninja'lavant garde designers, clothing so new they could only have been bought at retail. So it comes full circle in a way that when I was working out at the gym today, I g;anced at a basketball game playing on one of the gym's tv screens, and I thought that the uniforms of one team looked rather fashionable. With some players wearing black tights underneath their long shorts, it looked kinda like something Rick might have done a few seasons back. So I thought I'd do a sketch.

No comments: