Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Working In Progress

It's always interesting for me to observe how my drawings evolve. I often start with a mindless doodle that can sometimes morph into something I love through sheer evolution of the lines on a page (or as more often happens, on a pixel). But sometimes I start with an idea of what I'm going to do, and if I don't do a rough overall (which can still morph) then details that I put down change my idea as they evolve, because I might prefer to develop what I created versus what I intended to create. This guy was supposed to be a boyish male model giving me an intense stare from a bit of a side eye, and it's kinda turning into a Matt Dillon-ish retro style character face. And as per usual, those words on the left are the brushes I used, lest I forget what they were (which is often),

No comments: