Sunday, October 28, 2018

Walk Back

I found myself watching men's swimwear fashion shows, which really are like Victoria's Secret shows in that people may not really be interested in the clothing so much as the models wearing them. But with today's fitness levels, it's amazing how much I was able to glean just by watching these guys walk back and forth on the runway. I often take for granted how to draw musculature because comics sort of trained me to make things up based on what other comicbook artists were doing. But as I matured as an artist (and lord knows, it took longer than I would ever have expected—if you told me it would take til now, I would have given up!) I realized how musculature works more, and how far I am from really drawing it the way it is, as well as stylized versions of anatomy. Anyhow, here's one of my studies. It's not as detailed as you probably expect mostly because I was focusing on the lower back muscles, but I imagine I'll flesh this out further later.

No comments: