Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fashion Sketch 2019

I no longer have an innate style for women's fashion, if I ever did. I once wanted to only be an Antonio acolyte, but as I've spent over the last decade actively practicing and pursuing my artwork (no matter how lazily), I've actually wondered what my own style really is, versus emulating the work of the illustration heroes I aspired to all my life. I've come to a point where I think I've gone past what I originally wanted to do, and now I don't know what the goal or direction is. And I thought about what my fashion illustration would look like if I drew women still, and this sketch immediately reminds me of a current fashion hero, David Downton. And while I want to rise his level of style and skill, I want to do it in my own way. Yet, I'm not sure what that way is...

No comments: