Friday, September 28, 2007

Brushed

I got some favorable responses for the last Japanese brush-style drawing I did a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd try something I was actually more satisfied with. While I liked the form of the woman in the gown, the brushes in Photoshop didn't vary enough for me to be pleased with the strokes. So while downloading an episode of anime online last night, I pulled the first blank sheet of paper I could find and a brush tip sharpie. At first I thought I'd lay something out in pencil and brush it in, but then figured, Eff it, I'll just sketch something out real quickly. It was supposed to be a nude man's back, but because I made the arms too long, I remedied it by putting gloves on him. I really like the way the fade on his hair turned out though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Very masculine. Strong, yet with delicate lines.