Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Joey

November 4th was my baby brother Joey's 10th death anniversary. He would have been 40. It's odd, because while I completely forgot about the date, I had vivid dreams about him this morning, and then for no reason I can think of, I decided to recount a story about the sense of humor that he and I shared, as a completely random aside to my friend Rainer at lunch. I miss Joey. Growing up, we didn't have the closest of brotherhoods, mostly because I was very selfish of my space and resented him being in it. But as we got older he grew into a fine young man, and just when I was getting closer to him, he was taken away. We had our differences, but we laughed about the same things. This is my memory of a cartoon we both considered one of our favorites.

Not quite what you expected with that poignant intro now, was it? It was from Playboy. Or Penthouse. I can't remember.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh so THAT'S where that line came from!

yeah i have good memories of Joey, too even if we didnt know each other so well. wow, he would have been 40? wonder what he wouldve looked like? i always remember him as a young man in his 20's.

by the way i emailed you some critter drawings. :-)

George G said...

Well, he pretty much looked the same when he died, just a tad chubbier. He left too young. :(