Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Phoenix 2

My friend (and frequent commenter) Joanne emailed me some scans of drawings we did back in 1987 and earlier. I always wondered whether artists believed they got better with age, as some of my favorite artists became too stylized for my liking as the years drew on. Looking back at those sketches, I know I definitely improved in some ways, but lost some chops in others. I tried to draw old comicbook characters and try to do them like I used to, but it just didn't come as easily. Guess I'm not as practiced drawing them as I used to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George Hi!!! Robert from Paul Smith here....been checkin out the blog.....you've inspired me to do the same....

George G said...

Yeah? Great! Well, if you get your own blog, do send me a link!