Thursday, July 17, 2008

Power

When I'm feeling sick, I find that the helplessness I feel can translate into my drawings in two different ways: either convey the helplessness, or try to transcend it. One of the reasons I always liked to draw beautiful, sexy women, was the effect I saw that such women had over heterosexual males. The power it gave me over the bullies and tormentors in grade school who would sort of melt in awe over an well-drawn breast was something I learned quickly. It didn't matter if they were 8 or 38, the effect seemed universal in my limited, formative experience (well, except if you were gay like me, then maybe you just liked the hair and makeup). Looking back, my drawings were really nothing much, but I suppose to a fellow 8 or 9 year old (yeah, I was drawing naked women back then) it was more than enough.

This is more of an emotion than a finished sketch, quite the opposite of how I'm actually feeling. Although don't try to analyze too much - its complicated.

2 comments:

oj hofer said...

ay, your pek pek is exposed here :) i like the shade of blue you used for the background and the elongation...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I finally see another gay guy that knows about drawing chicks for straight guy approval! Awesome!