Sunday, September 14, 2008

Enthusiasm

One of my closest friends and I had a talk about what constitutes Artistry. I've often spoken about (and written about here as well) my own doubts about being an artist. For reasons too convoluted to get into, I have doubted what - to many others in my life (and even beyond) - seem quite certain of. But as the discussions went on, it boiled down to how one defines an Artist. This led to the idea that if I am, what am I known for? Or more importantly, what will I be remembered for, if at all?

My friend Rainer doesn't have any of my more 'finished' work, but the one thing he made a point of asking from me was a doodle of a particularly 'happy' woman, presenting her rather large breasts. This will constitute my oeuvre? My boobvre if you will. This one is a re-creation.

No comments: