Thursday, April 9, 2009

Deadly Anemone

I decided to soften up the edges, and draw them as if they were made of leather. The paneling in leather would be edgy and definitely more interesting, something someone who wasn't too active would wear (or not that they would care). In blush-colored leather, I think it would be rather high fashion... although I maintained the leggings in a more comic book mode (well, for me anyway).
To make her seem more diabolical, I decided she was a vampire (although I didn't draw her with fangs), but also a weird kind of serial killer - she would use the skins of her victims to make her clothes. Suddenly the pinkish color takes on a more sinister connotation.
I'm including the black and white sketch because I like how the line quality turned out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just logged in after holy week... and i'm loving this costume/character design! love the rounded edged leather in pastel. Joanne

George G said...

Someone told me it looks very labial.