Sunday, April 19, 2009

Revive

Inspiration is weird. Some days you just don't have it, other days, you start out blah, and something you don't know happens and you have all this energy to do something you put off for months (years even). Me, I started printing some old work and finally finished a piece that was unnecessarily illustrated (I went for digital manipulation instead - much more timely and appropos) and I think I may have decided on a color for my bedroom after 2 years, haha! So it was with a bit of apprehension - but less so than usual - that I decided to revisit an old concept I had come up with but held off on for fear of the intricate work that was necessary. Here's the face shot, which is really important to me because I want it to look like my model, but still be glammed up. Uh, this is the not glammed up part yet. Hmm, I really like that pale gray background.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it just as it is! joanne

George G said...

Really? Thanks! I'm trying to eventually do a really complex Antonio-Lopez style piece, but just a little more homoerotic. The set-up to begin painting is killing me - so much detail to work out!