Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fuzzy On The Details

I was emailing with my friend Rima about the work of a fashion illustrator, and upon exploring Bil Donovan's site, got both envious and inspired to try my hand at a looser fashion illustration style. My problem is often that I try to design the clothing as well, and that side of me can often get in the way of the illustration part that just wants to focus on technique. So I pulled up an image from the Chanel FW 2010 collection online and just rendered that. I simplified the outfit a bit more since it was about rendering the dress, and I kinda like the result. I don't know if it looks like me to anyone else except me, but there's a lot of my line in it despite the pastel being so different from what I've done recently. However, it won't necessarily come as a surprise to people who knew me in high school, when chalk pastel was my medium of choice. Still, the looseness of it all is something I'd like to explore in a fashion context. I wonder if Mr.Donovan would teach me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is beautifully drawn. I love it. :D