Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gym Guy: The House Elf

Continuing my series of gym characters, this one is a club employee.He's diminutive in size, possibly no taller than 5'3" (hence the nickname) but he's possibly the nicest membership executive I can remember the club ever having. Always very friendly and personable, always hard at work and usually dressed in very trendy work wear. He's a busy little worker, he is.

I originally had a very definitive idea of how to draw him, but man, did translating what I saw in my mind take a long time! I thought I'd make it in less than 15 minutes, but it took me over an hour of fiddling with the proportions of his face til I was satisfied. Naturally, I'll go back to the gym and study his face after the fact, for further refinements...

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Looks like you already know what you're doing, nice work! I'm attempting the same thing, but obviously starting at a lower level. I was inspired by this site years ago, I think Avid gave it up after 2009, but I wish I could figure out how he integrated his photos with drawings.

http://project365.multiply.com/photos

My crud is at http://EclecticScribe.com

George G said...

I didn't even think anyone else was doing this sort of daily drawing thing when I started this blog on New Year's Day in 2007, but I found out after the fact that mine wasn'tan original idea...not that I thought it was, but it didn't occur to me that anyone else was doing it. But at 1400 entries to date, I'm quite proud that I've stuck with it.

How funny that the other blogger you mention with their own project 365 is also Filipino! But what do you mean about incorporating photos? In the blog? Or on images?