Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fashion Sketch Meetup

I had so much to do today that I was reluctant to go to the illustration meetup I had RSVPed for over a month back. But I'm glad I went. While I didn't do perfect work, I got a lot of good practice doing watercolors, by having to really lay down color and linework as confidently as possible, especially because there's no time to second-guess yourself with the medium. This sketch, while not as pretty as the actual model, came out fairly well. I knew what to do to get the tones I wanted, and for the most part everything worked. Now I realize I really need new progressive lenses because sketching up close and studying the model from afar just didn't work with the single vision lenses I was wearing. I kept on looking underneath my frames like an octogenarian studying a menu...

No comments: