Friday, July 6, 2012

More Illyana

I've been tinkering. Maybe a bit too much. I've gotten to a point where I'm super frustrated with this drawing, even if there are elements that I like about it. I like the flow of the hairstyle, I like the softness of her features, I liked playing with the pencil stroke in this intentionally rough rendering. But as I started adding more detail I tried to make it a finished piece, when all it really needs to be is a quick doodle. Her face is reeeally assymetrical if you analyze it, and I spent so much time trying to correct it. But faces aren't necessarily perfectly symmetrical, and in trying to make it so, it just looked wrong, so I kept retooling and tinkering to the point of frustration. Ah well, done. Done is better than perfect.

In other news, I aged her a decade since the last version!

1 comment:

aqua sketch said...

This is amazing. Love hair and lips.Pure gorgeous