Saturday, October 20, 2007

Comics Bodies


I used to draw with defaults: standard poses, standard hairdos, standard bodies. It's the way comics train you, especially when you try to reproduce the action and beats on the page. But with my interest in comics as well as fashion waning, I'm not drawing on autopilot anymore, and I have to think about what I'm doing. I looked at some old drawings and realized my bodies have changed through the years. Granted, so have 'fashionable' bodies, i.e. proportions as style dictates, but Iately it seems I tended towards drawing really lean, skinny women. (i.e. emaciated runway models). This was an exercise in just trying to draw a comicbook woman's body, at least the way I would do one, not necessarily with enormous boobs like they usually warrant... Enh. It still doesn't look right...

No comments: