Monday, October 8, 2007

Eyes Shadowed


An image stuck in my head last night as I was reading a fashion magazine, where the smoky eyes I tend to favor were a key element in the styling. Tonight I just wanted to do a basic makeup face with the wet edge brushes in Photoshop. Fashion types may see a bit of the doll-faced models in the vein of Sasha or Stam, but X-men aficionados may see the heavy Marc Silvestri influence (he did tend to draw these kinds of faces. I mean, I even have the distortions he sometimes had!).

edit: I'm so lazy and repetitive. She looks just like two of my drawings from February, with this hair and this makeup. I thought I had a strong sense of de ja vu when I drew this. But I always imagine women getting their makeup done with a headband to keep the hair off...

No comments: