Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve

We had a pretty low-key Christmas (well, after the high-drama of forgetting the truffle back at Peter's place), and we weren't going to celebrate Christmas Eve, but on Christmas Night. So with the Wicked soundtrack playing in the background ( we didn't think of bringing any CDs to our friend's stepmom's upstate house, so we made do with what was lying around the house) I ended up starting something rather magical in theme, until an abrupt change in CD made me lose my inspiration, and the colors got muddy. At least I got to use real watercolors!

6 comments:

lucidiocy said...

I think this is very beautiful. The colors don't look muddy at all to me. It's the kind of art I would buy and frame.

btw the angel looks androgynous, I take it that was purposed?

nice work G

George G said...

Wanna buy it then? ;-)

And she looks androgynous because I was trying to leave the linework open so I could paint it all in, but it kinda got lost in its inspiration, as I mentioned, and she ended up looking mannish. A lot of my women can look mannish if I'm not careful.

George G said...

(oh, and thanks, T!)

lucidiocy said...

I would love to own a piece of your art. I think you are incredibly talented. Finish that one and I'll purchase it.

Btw do you use diviantART?

George G said...

No, I think Deviant art's website is too frenetic. And I think this particular piece is done - I have no real idea where it should go...!

lucidiocy said...

check your email :D