Friday, December 21, 2007

Oink

I've decided on a pig theme for my presents this Christmas. Because of work and deadlines, I won't be traveling to Toronto to visit my brother and his family, so the friends I have in the city who have no family to celebrate with are getting together for dinner on Christmas night. My gift to everyone is I'm buying a truffle (expensive little fungus, that), which is pig related since they hunt those things down. My friend is cooking us some pasta to shave the truffle over it. We will then pig out. But Christmas isn't Christmas without some presents, so I've decided pork-related stocking-stuffers are in order, just because.

5 comments:

ojhofer said...

cute, little? pink pig. happy holidays HORHE. i hope i'll get a pig from NY.

please give me email ad to joanne pe so that i can keep in touch with her :) i'm doing a 30 piece collection in may and want to invite her :)

kisses, kisses

Anonymous said...

that meal sounds interesting.. ive never heard of expensive fungus before.

George G said...

Oh lord, rumor has it that truffles are like $4600 a pound now at some establishments, which is ridiculous. So we're getting one about the size of a large marble to shave over pasta...

http://www.herbarium.usu.edu/fungi/FunFacts/Truffind.htm

...assuming I make it. I'm so sick...sniff...couch...hack!...ack!

George G said...

Jo, I keep emailing Oj your email, but you can contact him directly above too...

Anonymous said...

copy that. hey the year is almost up! you would have faithfully made 365 drawings! are you gonna continue this blog for next year?