Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slammed

Earlier tonight I was beginning to exercise at the gym and used a pair of Therabands (sp?), not unlike the ones I did before for the very same back exercise Iused to do with my former trainer. They snapped, and slammed into my face, and within a minute my cheek and temple started swelling to the size of embedded golf balls, blood everywhere. I spend three hours at the ER. And I look like Quasimodo.

Weird, I took a pic of my face and tried to draw from it, and I look so much like my mother when she died.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh are you okay? there was blood... it slammed you that hard? this is joanne

George G said...

Yeah, lots of blood but more swelling. Still swollen - looks like I got involved in a fist fight, or at least a John Galliano runway show!

Psychomom said...

All that exercise can kill you or at least beat you up real good.

Sorry to hear you were hurt but glad to hear you went to the ER and had it checked out. Try to rest and take care of yourself.

{Mom hugs}

Unknown said...

take it easy. isnt this the 2nd excercise injury you've gotten in the past year? :-0 praying for you!

George G said...

There are minor injuries like back or neck issues that stem from bad form, but this was an all-out freak accident with blood and Emergency Room situations, and you can't really prep for something like it. You can be a careful driver but still have an accident on the road. Exercise is not the issue - shit happens.

David Berube BerubeArt said...

Sorry to hear.
Hope things are getting better.
Sending positive energy your way!!!

Unknown said...

i think its nice to know lotsa people love you coz whenever you post about getting sick (or bloody) that's the time you get the most responses. :-) was away for the long weekend, hence the late response.