Sunday, March 8, 2009

Storm As Fashion Model

An image popped into my head of the X-men character Storm in a full-on fashion stance. I didn't realize until after I drew it that it was very Tyra Banks. I wanted a particular dress that was fitted at the waist yet had a looser panel attached to the seam, but could not decide how to go about it. Which is why 4 days went by without me posting as I vacillated on a really unimportant design idea. Oh well, we all have those days... and here are the sketches from the past 4 days.
Wednesday: The stance and initial silhouette. I was happy with it and decided, okay, enough sketching for today. Yes, cop out.

Thursday: The hair was my fave part so I decided the outfit needed to be as flowy. Except the wind patterns are kinda conflicting.

Friday: I think she actually wore something like this in issue # 97!

And this is Saturday's detailing - more like her costume. But now that I write about it, I kinda want to do an updated outfit from Uncanny 97, when they 're at the airport...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh


my


god!

BK

George G said...

You don't like?

Unknown said...

i like the hair too! still wish angela basset could have played Storm. but she's too old now...