Thursday, July 1, 2010

New CS Portrait, part deux

Trying desperately to finish at least three new of these CS portraits for the book I'm trying to be published in. I don't even know if the finished ones will make it since my style has changed in 7 years, but I'm trying my best to make it to the July 4th deadline!

I was rather unhappy with my portrait skills with the last one of Gareth, but this one seems to be moving along a little better. I look at the progress and think, well, it's actually progress. I think it helps that I like this face a lot. The model is my friend PJ, who's kinda gone missing from my life of late, and I miss him, especially as I spend a lot of time studying his face.

2 comments:

Carbon said...

I came across your site by surprise and... I envy you. I LOVE line drawing and can't draw to save my life. These faces are incredible- youi have a gift to catcth amazing looks in a few lines!

George G said...

Thanks Carbon - I'm thankful for the compliment, as I'm thankful I have the ability. And this blog is to make certain I use it - even a little - every day. I hope you'll comment again in the future!