Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Girl With The Microfiber Turban


Well, okay, I'm not sure it's a microfiber, but it's some sort of moisture-wicking synthetic. I just got word today that they want me to finish up all 5 of the proposed illustrations by Tuesday, so I need to make at least 1 a day. This one was inspired by the pose of the classic "Girl With The Pearl Earring," but I always did like a pose looking over a shoulder. I always thought it was more elegant... maybe because of the roundness of the back and the S curve formed by craning your neck...? Anyhow, I'm quite happy with this initial face rendering: she looks like she could be someone real (well, to me anyhow), except I didn't copy anything. I get so much satisfaction when that happens. Hmm, although I think her right eye could use some tweaking... it seems a bit too close.

No comments: