Thursday, October 20, 2011

P. Is For Proportions

I'm watching my process as I go, and I've come to the point where my initial linework is starting to show its errors, as I paint in colors for lines. It starts to change the way different elements relate to each other, and I have to transform weight and volume from outlines to shades and colors. It's fun, but it becomes interesting how parts that seemed on point just become unbalanced, and soon I'm adjusting pretty much everything. Thank goodness this is all digital, as if this were paper, there would be the distinct possibility that I would overwork the piece. Although looking at this preview, it doesn't look like much of a difference from yesterday, but I DID do a ton of small adjustments with color and shading.

Ah but I'm enjoying myself. I love looking at this guy's smile.

No comments: