Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tissue Box

I had bought a box of tissues to refill the lacquered tissue box cover I have on my desk, but as often happens with putting in a new box the first sheet gets pulled off too far or ripped or something. After I finally got the sheets to dispense properly, I left the first correctly-emerging sheet sticking out quite a bit through the slot. When I looked around my room from my desk for inspiration, I didn't want to draw anything figurative, and the tissue, with all its folds and creases, just looked really interesting. This sketch was done on a single layer, so that any mistakes in the linework would show. All things said, I think I did pretty nicely with this. This is one of those serendipitous drawings that somehow turn out well.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

The muse appears when the muse appears. Two days ago I had cactus. Twenty years ago, a box of crayons. Go figure

George G said...

Cactus? Crayons? Hmm.