Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blue Cowboy

I watched Brokeback Mountain finally last night/early this morning (around 1:30 am). And I was so enthralled by it that I kept re-watching scenes over and over again. Heath Ledger 's performance was amazing, and I felt doubly bad that he had passed away because the sense of loss in the movie got multiplied by his real life passing. I don't know why it didn't hit me as much the first time I saw it, but this time around I couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm frankly very melancholy because of it. Blue, actually.

I couldn't keep cowboys out of my mind as a result, and I don't even like them as a look/feel/genre. I don't even know if I've ever tried to draw one before. Well, I did one sketch and my program totally crashed and I lost the entire thing. I felt so disheartened I didn't want to draw again, but I did, and it came out a bit better, actually. So I'm glad I did.

Didn't have any references, so this is just all from my head, except for teh hat, which I got SO wrong I had to find out how cowboy hats look...

No comments: