Monday, April 22, 2013

Thumbmales

I'm taking photographs of my friend / ex personal trainer for the first time again in years, and I had some ideas but need to jot them down before the shoot, to make sure I'm ready, esp since he's expecting me to do something fun and edgy. But all I think I need do is some typically current-day homoerotic beauty shots. And last Winter, when I brought out an old sweater of mine, I started playing around with it and wondering how it would look with a hot naked man. Guess we'll find out!

I'm very into the immediacy of these drawings, esp. since I sketched them out really quickly, taking no more than 5 minutes or so per pose: it's when I'm happiest about what knowledge of anatomy I have, combined with the sweeping gesture I would hope for in a finished drawing. My quick sketches often captures what my full-on renderings fail to do. I know myself and the motion does get stiffened up a bit as soon as I get into details. A Facebook friend was telling me how he thought my lines looked like I did them in natural media, so I've been a bit inspired to get all sketchy and revel in gestural drawing lately (in case you haven't noticed).

No comments: