Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finished


Last night I just kept at it - when I get a groove on finally, I just can't stop working. I have to stop just in case I overwork a drawing, but I'll need to see this printed to see how it really turned out. I'm pretty happy with the blending and the colors (the original photo was completely yellow and red toned) but I'll likely revisit it and tweak it as I go. I better start another just to give myself something else to compar it with, lest it become overworked. I hope the model likes it - I made sure to email him a copy first.

CBR members who know about this blog will appreciate this comment: doesn't it look like a John Romita Jr. face? It looks almost too comic-booky to me, but that's pretty much how the model looks. Well, I didn't want to go too realistic otherwise it would be stylistically different from the other pieces, but for some reason he looks like I faked the face. Too bad I can't show people the originals to compare.

No comments: