Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Francesco...

...a truly beautiful Italian man (can you tell by the nose?) who I befriended at the gym, served as the model for this drawing. I totally didn't plan on doing this but thought maybe I would give the drawing out as a holiday card or something. Suffice it to say it didn't make it in time, but I think the lack of pressure just made me finish it sooner. Well, as much as it's actually finished - I don't love how the wings resolve, so may tinker with it in Photoshop some more later. I also need to flesh out some bits. I started this on the late last year and stopped working on it on 01.02.07, at 11:58 EST, so this counts as my second drawing.

Actually, I did a doodle of some guy I saw on the street at lunchtime, but since I did it on paper, it wasn't uploadable (I don't have a scanner... yet). But I think this (angel) is a better entry.

edit: here's that doodle:

No comments: