Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hipster...?



I tend to draw guys who look like the ones I grew up admiring - the hyper-masculine, model-ly men of the late 80s and early 90s. So whenever I see 20-somethings in the city, with their hair just ever so scruffy and looking hip and attractive, but not necessarily groomed and together, I realize how different my aesthetic is based on my age. So every so often I study these kids, to see what makes the younger generation iconically young and hip. I still haven't mastered the haircuts nor the way they wear their jeans, but I'm working on it. Here's an attempt at an atypical yet (hopefully) somewhat natural/realistic face, a little longer especially with the limp hair. No references used. I should probably try to flesh out the stance and outfit more...

No comments: