Sunday, March 4, 2007

Finally!

After going through so many coloring and seam variations, I realize that the design I dreamed up wasn't going to cut it as a comic book costume. So I decided to make it more graphic. If you don't know who the original Marvel Girl was, one of her most popular costumes involved a green belted mini-skirt with a red buckled belt. Rachel is her future daughter from an alternate timeline (don't ask). So I had to incorporate a mini, but the previous designs were looking too go-go dancer, so in came the graphic black lines and out went the leathery green coloring and seamwork.

I like the boots. They're actually open heels, and Rachel is just wearing red stockings. When seen from behind, the black outlines form an X (X-men, natch), and they actually also function like a slingback. Hey, the outfit was gonna be really boring from behind - had to do something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot hot hot hot HOT!