Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nautilus

There's a contest called Project:CBRunway on CBR, modeled after Project:Runway, but for designing costumes for comic book characters. I never have the time to commit to the weekly schedule, but it's fun to play along. The first challenge is to create a super-heroic character based on an animal. I was on the threadmill at the gym yesterday watching a documentary on squid and octopuses, and I was amazed at how beautiful and elegant cephalopods are, and how deadly they can be. Of course, I couldn't name a character Squid or even Octopussy, so I decided on Nautilus, which is the name at this point. I figure she emitted ectoplasmic/telekinetic tendrils from her face, and she herself was very sinewy and fluid like an octopus. Anyhow, the contest deadline is tonight, but this is as much as I got done... might do some more to clean it up later.