Monday, April 30, 2007

September


Procrastinating on work. I am so bad at beginning new jobs because I have all these ideas but hold back so much on putting them down. Instead, I did another drawing for the CBRunway Play Along. This one is based on a challenge where you have to choose a month of the year (in this case, my birth month September) that your super-villainous character should somehow embody or reflect, and be named after. For some reason I envisioned a very long and lean, super-tall S&M albino guy with dreads. I try not to post images so close to being finished yet not quite polished (the anatomy and shading need much work - not to mention the boot details!), but, enh, there you have it. Plus I really need to stop drawing this thing and get bck to work!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what does he do? hey, very dave cockrum-inspired tatoos.

George G said...

Haha, riiiight? It's funny, I used to design tattoos like that back in the early nineties,, and people were all agog, and I just said, it's comics! And they were like, I want those tribal tatoos (at which point I'd think, you want to look like Shrinking Violet or Polaris?!?!)

I'll post a description later.

Unknown said...

haha! yes... polaris. back then i thought the purple outfit with the green hair rocked!

George G said...

Didn't you notice that that was a standard color combo for comics? Green with that odd shade of purple/magenta. Polaris had it, the Hulk had it, I think the Impossible Man had it too...

Speaking of Polaris:
http://designcanteen.com/polaris.jpg