Sunday, June 3, 2007

Boy Story

It was all about the boys in Fire island, not that I didn't expect it. But one of the reasons I've avoided going there for so long is that I live in Chelsea, for over a decade the gay mecca of NYC, and going elsewhere just to see the boys again seemed like overkill. Thankfully, hanging out with my friends at the house was even more enjoyable than I already thought it would be, but hanging out in the beach and at the Tea Dances also fed my bad mental self image and body dysmorphia. I just can't reconcile knowing how to draw a perfect body and not being able to be one. Must be time for more therapy.

Anyhow, this male figure sketch was a quick one done on early Saturday morning... although the fruit thingie was on Saturday night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

somehow it looks nice with the tomato down there. and the tomato looks like an URT.