Friday, June 22, 2007

Maya


Went to a gay couple's fabulous 24 bedroom manse out in Greenwich, CT with my friend Greg yesterday, so we were in the thick of visiting and I didn't get to upload any new drawings. I did however take a pen and paper and sketch out a quick portrait of Maya, Catherine Schell's metamorph alien character from the 70s tv series Space:1999. My friend Joe and I couldn't believe how we were both into this show (and Maya) as well as the fact that we both knew a little-known song written by Lynda Carter that she sang on the Wonder Woman series. Scarily similar fags we are.

Anyhow, I took a digital pic of it to upload here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Change, Maya! Now!"
"I...I CAN'T, Commander!"

George G said...

http://designcanteen.com/Space1999season2.wav

Unknown said...

that was cooooooollll! i had that theme song memorized and its cool to actualy hear it! i even remember the obb from the tv show... with the zoom in-freeze close up of the actors!

Aman Chaudhary said...

Maya was so freakin' rad! You totally capture it. :o)

(Loved the whole close-up into the pupil of her eye thing back before they had CGI.)

George G said...

I know! I used to get SO excited everytime she morphed! If you go on YouTube, you can watch a whole slew of old Space:1999 episodes and relive the glory... which will seem a whole lot cheesier than you remember. Heh.