Sunday, January 6, 2008

American Eagle

I spent the past several days redesigning a website that I originally designed maybe 5 years ago, and the pressure to make it better than before was killing me. I ended up discarding 5 other directions and opting for a gut instinct at the last minute. Why is it I can't just summon up the designs I know I can make without having to go through days/weeks of rumination? Damn the creative process. It's so much easier to draw without thinking. Like, I din't want to continue Tat Man. Instead, I made this obese bald eagle chick.

3 comments:

ojhofer said...

george, what are you blabbering about "the creative process" for? YOu know for a fact that every creative person goes through that especially when he wants to give his best! go find an acharya and learn "intuitional inspiration" through a 5 minute meditation. lol. love the baby eagle, why did he turn out so fat? has his creator been missing the gym?

George G said...

I speak of the obvious, surely. Yeah, I know it's inevitable (and universal) but it doesn't mean that it doesn't drive me mad! lol Yesterday, I discarded all the designs I was working on and created a new one in less than 3 hours - after months of prep! And of course, the client chose that one. >le sigh!<

Meanwhile, I think the fat bald eagle may have eaten its creator....

Anonymous said...

i just like this fat bald eagle chick. nevermind the creative process. and if it did eat its creator, then george would be in its belly and there would be no more blog. btw oj, your email addy doesnt work! happy new year!