Monday, January 28, 2008

Bruna


Brazilian model Bruna Tenorio (at least I think she's Brazilian) has the most doll-like face, with its heart shape, small lips and almond eyes. Her look is not exactly trendy, but I find myself really drawn to her - she looks almost Asian, and she reminds me of one of the most popular mannequin faces my old company, D.G.Williams, had ("Ricco" was actually based on Talisa Soto, and I don't think it looked like her but it was nevertheless really popular). She always looks so ethereal on the runway. This drawing is a change of pace, although the color styling is a continuation of my panda drawing from yesterday, albeit in pastels (I like popping in odd colors in the linework). It's part Pater Sato, part Way Bandy makeup illustration (haha!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i stumbled upon your blog yesterday and i just want to tell you that you are truly talented and inspiring. i went through your daily work all the way back to last august. they drew me in! keep up the good work.

George G said...

Thank you, stranger. Hope you come back and maybe identify yourself sometime! :)

ilovesecondhandsmoke said...

Yay! She's actually part Japanese and Chinese, and allllll brasileira.

Great job, great job.

George G said...

Oh, thanks for the info. I was sure she was part Asian!