Monday, December 1, 2008

Playmate

I had something entirely different in mind when I drew this - I wanted to revisit an old sketch I never fleshed out (so to speak) , of a holiday themed pin-up who was more vixen than cheerleader. But how I drew this girl's face ultimately started directing the show, making her more innocent than planned. I like how her body turned out. I haven't paid attention to drawing women's curves in a while... well, in a way that wasn't fashion-oriented, that is. We'll see if I come back to this and develop it further.

2 comments:

roxythekiller said...

Wow!!
This is so perfect. I love the arch of her back, and the swing in her pose. You're a great artist.
I'm more of a writer myself, but I can only wish I could draw as well as you do.
Keep posting!

RedPyrat said...

The lines are beautiful. I love the subtle definition around her rib cage